eucen Position Papers are essays generally prepared by the Steering Committee of the Association, that present eucen‘s opinion about an issue or topic on behalf of the eucen community. Members are consulted through questionnaires, during projects, at parallel sessions or in General Assemblies, so the Steering Committee has a feeling of eucen members’ opinion. There is no schedule for publication of position papers. These are published when it is considered a topic or issue could benefit from eucen‘s view.
eucen is often invited to contribute in stakeholders’ publications, such as UNESCO Institute for LLL or DGWF, in the form of articles or chapters for books.
eucen produces contributions to the current education debates in the form of policy papers and/or recommendations. These documents are results from projects coordinated by eucen, always shared with European policy makers and stakeholders. Some have made a real impact to ULLL in Europe.
The most recent eucen Papers & Contributions are:
- June 2017 | eucen and the World of VET | K SEPPÄLÄ, L SANTOS, T ATABARUT, on behalf of the Steering Committee of eucen | HE-VET, Pedagogy
- 2017 | Working together to promote LLL in Europe: eucen | F de VIRON
Chapter for the ‘Weiterbildung an Hochschulen’ book edited by DGWF | ISBN: 978-3-7639-5564-0 | This chapter presents eucen, its characteristics, functions and benefits
- 2017 | eucen’s contribution to Validation of non-formal and informal learning: A 15 year trip that continues | C ROYO | Article for EPALE | Pedagogy, VPL
- 2016 | Committing to the social dimension in universities – Policy reminders | K SEPPÄLÄ, on behalf of the COMMIT consortium | Equity, Management, Quality
- 2016 | The ideal LLL University | K SEPPÄLÄ, on behalf of the COMMIT consortium | Equity, Management, Quality
- February 2016 | eucen Statement for the European Commission’s consultation on the modernisation of the HE agenda in the EU | Equity, Pedagogy, Quality
- 2015 | From University Lifelong Learning to Lifelong Learning Universities: Developing and implementing effective strategies | F de VIRON and P DAVIES
Chapter 2 from “The Role of Higher Education in promoting LLL” edited by the UNESCO Institute for LLL | ISBN: 978-92-820-1194-2 | Equity, Pedagogy, Quality
- 2014 | Bridges between research and practice in University Lifelong Learning: Policy Report and Recommendations | F de VIRON, on behalf of the DIALOGUE consortium | Management, Pedagogy, Quality
- 2013 | Cooperate to validate – Manifesto on wider access and cooperation for strengthening validation practices in Europe | A VALK, on behalf of the OBSERVAL-Net consortium | Management, Pedagogy, VPL
- 2012 | Implementing ULLL: The importance of staff development – Recommendations to managers and policy makers | eucen on behalf of the IMPLEMENT consortium | eLearning, Pedagogy
- 2011 | Pathways and policies for lifelong learning universities – Recommendations | F de VIRON, M FEUTRIE, J-M FILLOQUE, on behalf of the ALLUME consortium | Equity, Management, Quality